What is a responsive website?
A fully responsive, mobile friendly website design is produced via a design and development technique which means that the site templates react to the size of an end user’s screen. Responsive website design will optimise browsing experience by creating a flexible and responsive set of web pages which are optimised for the device from which it is accessed.
With distinct audience shift towards mobile browsing, responsive website design represents the simplest way to reach users across multiple devices, ensuring a seamless user experience.
What are the benefits of a responsive website?
- Improved site experience – no need for redirection, with a unified design approach creating a consistent look and feel. Consistent user experience will have a positive impact on conversion rates as visitors are familiar with navigation and site or system use across devices. Thus, responsive design removes some of the barriers multiple sites can present.
- A single responsive site removes the need to track user journeys, conversion paths, funnels and redirections between multiple sites (i.e. main desktop website and mobile version of).
- The responsive site will run on one back end engine – so content is managed via one central CMS.
- Site analytics tools such as Google Analytics are now optimised to handle multiple devices and responsive reporting. Responsive design means you can manage one website with a single set of hypertext links; therefore reducing the time spent maintaining your site.
- With the increase in Tablet sales and smartphone device use continually exceeding forecasts, responsive website design is key to remaining in line with your competitors and establishing market share; content consumption on mobile devices will only continue to grow.
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of optimising a websites content in order to improve its organic visibility in search engines. As an audience, we presume that listings on the first page of search engines are going to give the best information and therefore we tend to look no further. 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results and therefore it is imperative that your website has adequate SEO marketing support.